Welcome to Kindergarten!
1. Our class hours are 8:00-2:10pm. Try to send your child so that he/she arrives no more that five minutes before class time. When children arrive, they are to walk down the sidewalk to the kindergarten playground.
2. When the weather is bad, your child will need to line up under the overhang by the front door.
3. Your child will be walked to the "drop off-pick up" area for pick up. They will not be released until all students are in the safe area. You can park in the parking lot and walk through the cross walk to pick up your child or you can drive on the right side of the drive through, stop, open your right door and your child will be released. You are not to get out of the car in the lane. The left side of the lane is for moving traffic. If you are not comfortable with having your child walk to the car from the walking lane, please park in the lot and walk to the walking lane for your child.
4. Send your child to school in clothes for active learning.
5. Print names on all clothing that your child might take off at school.
6. Please keep your child home when he/she is ill. He/she will recover more quickly and will not infect others. When returning from an absence, your child must have a note.
7. Occasionally your child will bring home duplicated notes about special class activities or information from the principal. Please read them! Please check backpacks for notes and homework daily-including Friday.
8. If you wish to provide a treat for the class on your child's birthday, please call and make arrangements with your child's teacher.
9. Mothers and fathers are wanted and needed to help in class. Please see us and sign up for a weekly hour of fun. If you cannot help regularly, you can make arrangements with your child's teacher to help for a day that is beneficial to all. You'll need to attend a parent volunteer training class offered by the district.
10. We will request a conference concerning your child at the end of the first trimester and possibly other times during the year. Any time you have a question or need a conference, feel free to call for an appointment. You will need to leave your name and phone number.
We have an academic program. Your child will learn:
counting and writing to 20
alphabet letters & sounds
addition and subtraction to & from 10
write simple sentences and stories
Some other things your child will study:
animals in the zoo
neighbors at home, in the community, and in other countries
weather and seasonal facts
holidays and celebrations
The magical age of five is a time of wonder and questions, a time of curiosity and getting into things. It is energy beyond belief, a time of quick sorrow and much laughter.
Some of our general objectives for the children are that they will learn:
to follow instructions
to express themselves creatively
to care for their own needs
to cooperate with their teachers and playmates
to be helpers
to be good citizens
In addition to food, shelter, and clothing, people need fun, success, and love. So laugh with your child every day, tell him/her that you like something he/she has done, and tell your child that you love him/her every day.
THE NEUTRA KINDERGARTEN TEACHERS